Checklist for the Day of Your Test
- On the day of your sleep test, shower and wash your hair, (no conditioner, please) and remove/undo any braids, cornrows or hair extensions before to coming to the center. There is not enough time to shower prior to the application of the sensors. Do not use hair care products including gels, hairsprays or conditioners: hair care products may prevent the electrodes from sticking to your scalp. If you arrive to your appointment with these products or hairstyles we may have to reschedule your appointment.
- Do not wear make-up. Some of the sensing electrodes will be placed on your face; make-up may interfere with a good connection and an accurate reading.
- The night before your sleep test we recommend that you follow your usual routine with respect to when you go to bed and how much sleep you normally get.
- Unless instructed otherwise by your doctor, continue to take your regular medications. Do not consume any beverage or product with caffeine, or alcohol, after 12 PM the day/ evening of your test.
- Try not to nap during the day of your study.
- If you are on oxygen at home, please bring oxygen tanks with you so that in the event that our center loses electricity during your appointment you will still have oxygen available.
Checklist of items to bring for your sleep test
Please click here for Documents that you may need to fill out and bring with you to your Appointment.
- Comfortable sleep wear: Pajama’s, sweatpants, or shorts are preferable. Nightgowns, pajamas with feet and revealing clothing are not appropriate sleeping attire for the test. Tops with buttons down the front allow easy access for electrode placement.
- Pillow(s) - We supply pillows, but many patients like to bring their own because they feel they can fall asleep easier.
- Blanket, stuffed animal or other comfort item.
- Toiletries: Shampoo/ Conditioner, Toothpaste/ Toothbrush, Hairbrush, Hairdryer, Shaving cream, Razors
- Clothing for the following day
- Routine medications
- A book or reading material if desired
- Insurance Card(s) and co-pay is due at time of service
- Driver’s License or Identification Card
- Completed paperwork received in the mail